Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year - Not too Late!

I am a bit late wishing you a Happy New Year. For me 2014 is going to be a very creative year. I spent some time over the holidays thinking about my goals and plans, both for personal growth and business success.

I started by remembering all that I achieved in 2013. For me, this look back was such an important step before I started thinking about going forward. Some things I accomplished last year:

  • I designed and published 12 new patterns. Thank you for buying them! 
  • I refined my systems for writing patterns and printing to make both these tasks more efficient. This gives me more creative time!
  • I met hundreds of students in workshops - in Victoria, on Saltspring Island, in Hawaii, Montana, Saskatchewan, Houston and online at Quilt University. Thank you for joining me in the classroom.
  • Together with my quilting friends I bought a longarm machine (Handi Quilter Avanti). She 'lives' at my home and we are all completing more quilts. We donated over a dozen quilts for distribution in High River, Alberta. 
  • I tested over 20 products and wrote reviews that I shared with you here on my blog. I hope some of the tools are helping you create wonderful quilts.
  • I visited quilt shops and manufacturers on Vancouver Island to share Northcott's new fabric lines. New fabrics were delivered throughout the year - and more will be coming in 2014.
Planning for 2014 is well underway. I have written my goals and the steps I need to achieve them. I will be scheduling more time in my studio. Playing with fabric and making quilts is so important for my well-being. I am sure it is the same with you. I hope you will schedule sewing time too.

I posted about some of my upcoming events recently (classes at Calico Cupboard in Victoria, Ripless Paper Piecing classes at 3 events). My teaching schedule is filling nicely for 2014. You can see where I will be on my schedule page.

My daughter's wedding will be in the fall but there are still teaching dates available if you, your guild or shop are looking for a workshop leader. You can find my lecture and workshop and contact information on my website.

What creative plans have YOU made for 2014?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi Daphne, it is Ukrainian New Years Eve today so you are in perfect tune with the new year!
Love Geri Liberatore