Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More from APWQ

Sunset and Sandhill Cranes
by Joanne Baeth - Bonanza, Oregon

This quilt was named Best of Show - Small at the Association of Pacific West Quilters show in Tacoma in late August. When you look at this piece you think the sandhill cranes are about to fly right out of it!

Beauty from Within

Renae Haddadin, from Sandy, Utah, was awarded the Best of Show - Large for her piece Beauty from Within. This stunning quilt uses machine embroidery, bobbin work, intensive machine quilt, metallic thread and cord. The picture just can't show the amazing detail in this piece.


Poppies for Girard

My friend, Brigitte Langevin from Creston, BC created Poppies for Girard. This quilt honours her husband who passed away a couple of years ago. I think this is a very fitting tribute Brigitte.


Finally, here is one of the most unusual quilts I have ever seen!

Texas Star

 Helen Remick's piece Texas Star (YoYo6) was in the APWQ Members' Special Exhibit Star Light, Star Bright, a collection of star-themed quilts. Remember I said I liked texture in quilts - what ultimate texture this is. Helen is from Seattle, Washington.

  Closeup

That is just a very small 'taste' of what I saw at the Quilt Show. I hope you've enjoy this view of some of the best quilts in Western North America!

No comments: