Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Piecing Tips - Quick Connector Corners

A block that I use in quilts fairly often is called the 'Snowball Block'. At first glance it looks like an octagon (8-sided) shape but the sides are not all the same size. It is an easy block to make using 'quick connector corners'. You can make a square appear more round using this easy trick. I used this techniques for my pattern Serenade.  

Here's how I made the focus blocks for this quilt (they're the ones with the large-scale flowers):

 

This pattern uses Northcott's Mums the Word fabric, available in stores now. If you would like to order the pattern, just go to my online store Patchworks Studio. If you can't find the fabric locally, let me know. I have a couple of kits for sale to make the quilt just like mine!

No comments: