Friday, June 6, 2014

Flowers on Friday

For this month (June 2014) I will be showing you photographs of flowers in bloom in my own garden. Check back every Friday this month to see what is blooming.

And, be sure to check my blog on June 30th for a special announcement relating to my Flowers on Friday blog posts. To be sure you don't miss the announcement, why not sign up for my bi-monthly e-zine. The signup box is on the right side of this page.

Now....on with the flower show!


I visited a local nursery, Elk Lake Garden Centre, with my mother. We were looking for annuals and a few perennials to fill our pots for the summer season. I have realized that you need to visit fairly early to get the best selection and to find the most unusual plants. Last year the selection was a bit 'thin' since I was very late getting out into the garden. I vowed that would not happen this year!

We found some very unusual annuals. I have seen SuperBells before but the blooms on this variety are very different. I filled one of my blue pots with Calibrachoa hybrid.  This variety is called Lemon Slice.  Aren't these the most happy, sunny flowers!



No comments: