Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Easing into 2019

I have been making a rather 'reserved' beginning to 2019. Oh, it's not like I have nothing that needs to be done!  I think my week away at the beach in November is still resonating with me! I had such a wonderfully relaxing time and then the Christmas festivities came right after and it makes me think it is still 'holiday time'!

My holiday week was spent at Madrona Beach Resort just south of Parksville. I read several books, watched the ocean tides come in and out, and ate wonderful food.



I also sewed - my annual granddaughter pyjamas were made and a pillowcase and crib sheet, and I worked on the Border Quilt QuiltAlong (which is not yet completed....see the first paragraph!).

The 2018 PJs - the pants are long...but they'll grow into them!
Grampie reading The Night Before Christmas.
The girls get their PJs on Christmas Eve.



I also spent a day baking with my daughter and Alice -
cherry bars for her 'baking exchange'. 
Alice is SO serious about baking!



And the best Christmas present of all....I received THREE big boxes from Banyan Batiks! These are the sample bolts of MY fabric - just a sneak peek for you since these will be 'launched' at Spring Quilt Market in Kansas City in May. Over the next few months I will be designing new projects and making items to display in our booth. 

PS...there is another 'layer' underneath all these - 28 fabrics in total!
I think I am finally getting into my normal routine. 

I'll be back in the classroom soon, plans for projects are moving along and
my First Finish for 2019 is being mailed today - I'll tell you about that one in a week or so.

And I must spend a bit of time finishing up The Border QuiltAlong...stay tuned for that.

No comments: