Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A LOT has been going on at Patchworks Studio!

I've been super busy since I last posted in March!

A lot of pattern designing and writing, working with the amazing members of my local guild (Victoria Quilters' Guild) on a Basket Raffle fundraiser, making 2 quilts of my own and quilting a couple of others for my presentation at International Quilt Market in Portland and a trip to Quilt Canada in Vancouver with my Quilty Friends. Whew - what a busy time!

And now I can take a breath and catch up on my communications with YOU. I will share updates over the next few weeks.

First up are 2 of the patterns I published.




The first one uses O Canada fabrics from Northcott. This collection adds to the ongoing fabrics that are used for many quilters for Quilts of Valour.

Nothing says Canada like a maple leaf so that is the focus for my quilt.

The maple leaf is surrounded by a Polar Bear print and that 'looks-like-it's-pieced' border is really a wonderful STRIP-R fabric - strips that are 2" wide along the length of the fabric. Just like 'jelly roll' strips but you don't need to do the piecing!

A Poppy print is also used in this project to remind us to Remember.

The quilt is 61" x 74" - a great size for a Quilt of Valour.

Remember - Northcott supports Quilts of Valour through the sale of these fabrics.

Order your pattern here.



The 2nd pattern is the one I referred to in my last post - Maplewood Trail. Maple Leaves also appear in this fabric collection and the central panel was designed by Helene Knott.

I made the Scarlet version of this quilt to be displayed at International Quilt Market in Houston last fall.

Here it is hanging in the Northcott booth.

I also promised to make the quilt in the Woodland colourway for Bib 'n' Tucker quilting here in Victoria.






That's the update for today.  Watch the rest of the week for news from the Victoria Quilter' Guild Quilt Show and International Quilt Market.

No comments: