Friday, January 26, 2018

Donation Quilts - BC Wildfires 2017

The Loose Threads Quilters (my weekly quilt group) completed 13 quilts to donate to families affected by the Wildfires in British Columbia last summer.

Here are some quick pictures taken in my living room before they were shipped to Coldstream, BC for distribution.

Great Job Everyone!!

******************

Lori H. is coordinating quilt donations and distribution through her 
Facebook Group, Quilts for BC Wildfires 2017 if you want to get involved too.




This is a 'Disappearing 9-Patch' with really large blocks. Works up very FAST! 
Jill made this quilt while thinking of the horses and their owners who needed help during the fires.



This started as a Panel - thanks Northcott!

The center is a Panel by Northcott too.

This time....3 Panels by Northcott and an amazing shaded fabric for the borders.

Another of my 'pattern quilts'

Wonderful scrap quilt

Another creative way to use scraps

Centre fabric from Northcott and I added solids to make the stripe border.

I had 2 of these quilts (pattern samples) so I donated them too.

Animal panels donated to Jill - she turned them into a lovely quilt.

No comments: