Thursday, July 7, 2016

End of an Era

At the end of June we said our 'goodbyes' to a local Sidney, BC institution - Theo's Place restaurant. The owners, Theo and his wife Penelope, have retired and we will miss them. While we didn't 'eat in' all that often, this was a favourite 'take out' restaurant for our family for over 20 years. My husband would do the 'pick up' and he and Theo always spent a few minutes discussing life (and sometimes hockey if there was a game on the small television near the entrance.)

Theo and Penelope are part of a larger family and close friends who came to the Sidney area over 30 years ago. In Greece their families were all in the restaurant business. This continued for many of them here. We have some of the best Greek restaurants right here in our small town. 

I wanted to thank them and immediately thought of a quilt. The newspaper notice was published only a week before the closing date so no time to make something new. I have a large stack (many stacks in fact) of pattern quilts that need new homes. My Mykonos Marble quilt was a perfect choice. 


So the quilt got a new label, our entire family had dinner at the restaurant on the Wednesday before the closing and I gave the quilt to Theo after our meal.



There were hugs all round from Theo - we had to drag him from the kitchen since the restaurant was so busy!  

Wonder how I make labels for my quilts? Come back tomorrow and I'll describe my process.

No comments: