Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Alaska Cruise - Early Booking Bonuses and Classes


Just wanted to remind you that the
Early Booking Bonuses** expire this Friday, November 15th. 

If you are considering joining me on my 7-day
 Quilters Alaska Cruise why not take advantage of these special offers before it is too late.

**Receive a FREE Signature Beverage Package and 2 Specialty Restaurant Dinners.
 (See below for the projects we will make on our 'at sea' days.)
*********************************************************************************
Cruise details:
Quilters Alaska Cruise
6 September 2014

Join me aboard Holland America's Zuiderdam
 
 on a special 7-day Alaska Cruise.
  Travel to a destination full of inspirational natural wonders.
You'll be part of a warm group of fun-loving people sharing a common interest in quilting.
The cruise includes workshops during 'sea days' and a private party for our group.
 


 For details and reservations, contact
 Wendy Townsend at Athlone Travel


Phone: 250-598-5252 Toll Free 1-888-987-2351

  
Hope you'll join me on this exciting adventure!
***********************************************************************************

Our Cruise Classes

I have designed a lap-quilt for our first 'at sea' day. We will be using Northcott's new Artisan Spirit - Shimmer fabrics and the quilt had it's origins with an antique star quilt I saw at the Texas Quilt Museum in LaGrange, Texas, in October.

I have simplified the star bocks for easy piecing and the other two blocks are easy to make too. You will learn quick cutting and piecing methods, all about 'on point' settings and some special border techniques too. Since the fabrics are 'coming soon', my picture is the design I created in EQ7.  

Star of Alaska

The last day of our cruise is also an 'a sea' day. I have had a request to teach a Give & Take Appliqué class. This two-for-one technique is much easier than you might think. So easy, in fact, that you can create your own design!  We will play with paper, glue and scissors in the morning and in the afternoon you will turn your creation into reality with your own fabrics.  The photo below shows some of the designs created by students in my previous design workshops.
Give & Take Appliqué -
Design Discoveries
  

If you have any questions about the classes, just drop me a note.
  



No comments: