Friday, January 11, 2013

New Patterns for 2013

I have published 2 new patterns - the first ones for 2013 with more to come in the next month or so.  Both designs use Northcott's Stonehenge Stonestrips. LOVE those precuts.

First is String of Pearls - simple piecing and fusible applique for this quilt. The pack is called Sand and Surf so that made me think of water, sand, pearls.



The second one is Cobblestones & Stars. This is the pattern for a workshop I taught locally. I wanted to make a project with stars and have no issues with 'chopped off' star points. I played around with strips and this design is the result. I'm pleased with how the star blocks appear to be floating on a shaded background. It's a fun illusion that's so easy to achieve.
 
 
 
 

These 2 patterns are now available at Patchworks Studio and the Stonestrips will be in shops soon.  I MAY have kits too - let me know if you are interested.

No comments: