Sunday, August 19, 2012

On My Bookshelf


On My Bookshelf

I have been collecting more 'modern' quilt books. quilting modern by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen showcases contemporary  graphic quilts but is more 'improvisational'. Yes there are patterns to follow but the authors encourage you to 'release your inner artist' as you make the projects your own.  They encourage you to 'embrace serendipity' - to me that means there are no mistakes!  I love that idea.

The book includes excellent information about tools and basic quilting and finishing techniques, something that I have found lacking in recent books.
quilting modern
I was drawn to the 'curves' techniques and their 'sardines' blocks.  Here is my test block.  Think this has possibilities to showcase some fun prints in the centers.
'Sardine'

The book is published by Interweave





No comments: