Thursday, April 5, 2012

Are You Whelmed?

My friend, Morna McEver Golletz, founder of the International Association of Professional Quilters posts wonderful 'insights' on her blog.  Her most recent post talks about being overwhelmed and defines a term new to me: 'whelmed'.  It is when you are 'in the zone', everything is going well and you are your most productive.

My goal is to ALWAYS be 'whelmed! Morna has six excellent tips to help you be 'whelmed' too.

I am feeling VERY productive lately. I have always been a 'list maker' and I definitely prioritize the list. Some of the things I have accomplished in the last two weeks:

  • Photographs of the quilts I want to submit to the Victoria Quilters' Guild Quilt Show - for submission this week.
  • Finished my entry into the SAQA Best of the West  travelling show (including the sleeve and label) - though I MAY want to add some beads. I DO have time since it's not due for a few weeks.
  • Figured out how to add a sleeve to an 'odd shaped' entry for the Association of Pacific West Quilters Quilt Show in August. It is pinned in place ready for me to stitch while I volunteer at the Community Arts Council Small Expressions Show tomorrow afternoon. (I'll blog about this next week to show you how I did it.)
  • Started work on a wedding quilt for my son and future daughter-in-law (no pictures of this one!)
  • Sorted and tidied all the information/promotion materials for my new position as the Northcott Sales Rep for Vancouver Island - and phoned all the customers to introduce myself.
  • Created and sent my Creative Expressions Newsletter (You can sign up here if you don't already receive it!)
  • Added my entry into the Canadian Quilters' Association Virtual Marketplace, bringing the Merchant Mall shopping experience right to your home computer!  This is in conjunction with Quilt Canada 2012. The Marketplace opens at noon (Eastern time) on April 1, 2012 and you can shop until June 30, 2012. You want to mark your calendars and check out all the special offers!
  • Spent several hours in the garden clipping and clearing weeds. The weather hasn't been all that cooperative lately but I dashed out a couple of times when the sun was shining to try to keep ahead!
How about you - are you 'whelmed', productive and accomplishing your goals?  If you aren't a list maker give it a try. For me, nothing is better than crossing something OFF the to do list!

No comments: