Wednesday, August 31, 2011

International Rose Test Garden - Portland, Oregon


 The beautiful rose above is Heart of Gold, one of the roses I photographed at the International Rose Test Garden in Portland, Oregon, last week. I took the 'roundabout' way from North Saanich to the Association of Pacific West Quilters show in Tacoma. Since my friends and I were going to the show we decided a trip to Portland for 2 days would be fun. If you look at a map you'll see what I mean - Portland isn't even 'on the way' to Tacoma.  We took a serious shopping detour!


 
One of the highlights for me was visiting the garden. I took many pictures of the roses and I'm sure some of the colours and shapes will make their way into my future work.  Stay tuned for more from my trip to Portland and Tacoma in the next week or two.

No comments: