Sunday, July 17, 2011

2 New Patterns

I have just put the finishing touches on 2 new patterns - both using new fabrics from Northcott.


















First is 'Sugar Cookies', inspired by the wonderful cookies my Grandma used to make. You remember the type, the ones with the fun shapes. This is a Give & Take Appliqué™ pattern so it is simple to make. When you cut the shape for one block, you get the shape for a 2nd one!  The fabrics I used for this quilt are from the Martindale line, Northcott's latest Quest for a Cure™ fabric. It will be available in stores in August.


My second pattern also uses a Northcott fabric. This time it is Mums the Word, a lush fabric showcasing these beautiful full flowers and plenty of coordinates. My design, Serenade, is very easy to make and I have included 2 quilting motifs that you can use to enhance the quilt. I always like to give ideas about quilting designs in my patterns....I definitely don't like 'quilt as desired'! The fabrics will be coming to stores in September.


Place your order for these patterns at Patchworks Studio - and you'll be all set to make some great projects this Fall.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the Sugar Cookies quilt, esp the name=)

Daphne Greig said...

Thanks Jackie. I remember my mother cutting fun shapes and icing them. I did this a few times (especially around Valentine's Day) for my family but I'm not all that great at rolling out cookies. Much better at quilting them!