Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching Up

It has been a very busy time lately and I'm way behind in posting! My teaching adventures earlier this year continued after my visit to Ottawa at Easter. My next stop was Perth, Ontario and a visit to the Lanark County Quilters Guild. Perth is a lovely small town with beautiful historic buildings.

This is Matheson House, built in 1840 of local sandstone. It is an outstanding example of early Scottish-Canadian architecture. The house was originally owned by the Hon. Roderick Matheson, a prominent citizen of Perth and it remained in the posession of the Matheson family for nearly 100 years. Matheson House is now the home of the Perth Museum.


I taught Too Easy Stained Glass to a group of enthusiastic quilters. We had great fun trying lots of different fabrics in the stained glass windows.  I also presented a lecture to their evening guild meeting where I met more members and had an opportunity to see some of their wonderful work.


Next stop was Brockville, Ontario, where I stayed with my friend Jean Boyd. Jean is a fellow designer who I met at International Quilt Market. We have kept in touch ever since, meeting up annually at Market. We had a wonderful time visiting and, of course, we were up very early to watch the Royal Wedding. Jean even made scones and clotted cream and served our breakfast on beautiful Royal Albert china.

I lead 2 workshops for the Thousand Islands Quilters Guild - Collage with Sheers and Ripless Paper Piecing. Students were enthusiastic and so creative in both classes. Here are pictures I snapped in each workshop.








Everyone is holding their teacups - scones, clotted cream, jam & tea
 to celebrate the marriage of William & Kate!

No comments: