Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lecture and Teaching - Las Vegas

While I was in Las Vegas I  presented my Simple Stained Glass Quilts lecture and trunk show for the Las Vegas Quilters. I also taught Simple Stained Glass Quilts at Fabric Boutique Quilt Shop. Here are some pictures from these events.



Thank you to the guild members who held the quilts while I talked about them. This is the Single Pansy quilt, one of the easiest projects from my book Simple Stained Glass Quilts. It makes a great gift - Mother's Day is coming!


Fabric Boutique is a large shop with thousands of bolts of fabric to entice quilters. They also have many ways to inspire shoppers including samples for many of the patterns they carry.

I found some fabric with golf motifs - not sure what I'll do with it but it's fun to have for the stash!


Enticing displays are placed around the shop to get the creative juices flowing.

This is only a part of the wall of patterns that the shop carries - the Christmas patterns!
I had 8 students in my class. Some students wanted a closer look at quilts from the trunk show.
And here are Cindy, Holly, Julie, Jennifer, Nancy, Mary Alice, Barbara and Patty with their quilts at the end of our day - almost finished!  I enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing my technique with them.

No comments: