Thursday, April 16, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 9


Here is Block 9 - looks almost like a 'snails trail' doesn't it.  You can get the pattern for these blocks on the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page




I am having fun trying quilt designs with each set of blocks. No, I'm not making enough blocks to make all the quilts I've been showing you! I use Electric Quilt 8 software to create 'virtual' quilts to share with you. This great software allows me to colour my virtual blocks with the exact fabrics. This is what I do for all the patterns that I design. I know what the quilt will look like before I cut into any fabric!

Here is the 'virtual' quilt for my latest pattern:


and here is the quilt in progress on my design wall. Just waiting for a bit more fabric to arrive so I can complete the 'blue/green ombre' border and I'll be able to finish my quilt.



With Electric Quilt software I can 'import' the fabrics I'm going to use into the software. That's how I can show you quilt design ideas with each of the Time to Quilt blocks.  Here are my 2 quilts today:



Have you tried some quilt ideas with your blocks?  

Come back tomorrow for another block. And check out the blocks other quilters are posting at Banyan Batiks Facebook, Northcott Facebook and on the FIGO Instagram #timetoquiltfigo



No comments: