Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 7


Block 7 is now available on the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page

Here are my blocks today:


The Tapa Cloth fabric in these blocks is one of my favourites in the whole collection.

The main image is the one I started with when working on the designs for the fabric - the Monstera leaf.

Picture taken in Hawaii in 2017.

Here is a larger picture of the fabric and the stamp I carved based on the leaves. Can you see the small pink triangles on the fabric? These are metallic and they appear on all 4 colourways of this print. When I was making my own stamped fabrics I added these triangles with a stamp and we decided to add this 'layer' to the batik fabric too. 


Now, here is a quilt with today's blocks:



Be sure to share your blocks and include these:






No comments: