Sunday, April 12, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 5

Happy Easter!



Block 5 is now available on the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page

Here are my blocks today:

I love these 'star blocks'.  A pattern in designed in 2001 uses similar star blocks.
Here is my original pattern (Friendly Four-Patch).



By adding 4-patch blocks for the corners of one set of star blocks
I can make a similar quilt .




Here is another quilt idea. I used Lustre from the Banyan Batiks Essentials for the alternate blocks and arranged the blocks diagonally.



I've been enjoying sitting outside on our back deck in the evenings. 
We have had clear skies lately so I see the stars clearly..  

Here is a sky filled with stars over some simple homes.


I hope you are enjoying making your blocks. I enjoy showing you a few quilt ideas too.

Be sure to check out my friend Patti's blocks (yes...3 sizes!) on her blog too. 

She had a few 'challenges' with these blocks but as a true professional(!) she overcame them and the blocks are wonderful.

No comments: