Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 21


I have been working on my design wall - arranging and re-arranging my Time to Quilt blocks. How about you? I want to do a bit of planning for the final blocks to be sure I have a balanced quilt. There are fabrics all over the place on my cutting table!

Here is Block 21.



The pattern for today's block is on the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page.

I made a slight change to this block. I wanted the long rectangles at the top and bottom of the block to be one strip.  I cut the small squares for each end of those rectangles.

Making the 'pairs of squares' using strip piecing was still the best way to make those parts of the blocks.

If you want to make your block like mine the long strips are 2" x 6 1/2". Here is my cutting for both the positive and negative blocks:


And the layout:


And finally the pressing for my version:


I tried 2 quilt designs with these blocks. Not sure if I like either of them.
Perhaps adding some other blocks would be a better idea.



I'll be interested to see how Patti makes these blocks. I have enjoyed her 'hacks' for some of the other blocks!

Share your blocks on facebook using these hashtags:












No comments: