Monday, April 20, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 13


Here is Block 13.  You can get the pattern for today's blocks on the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page.


I changed the cutting slightly for the pinwheel part of my blocks:

The finished size for the HSTs is 1 ½" So I cut my squares 2 ½"  (instead of 2 3/8").
I used the same method to sew the blocks (drawing the line, sewing on each side and cutting apart).  
I used my Bloc_loc Ruler and rotary cutter to trim the HSTs to measure 2" square.

I 'twirled' the center of the pinwheel block. Patti talked about doing this in her Block 11 here.


I enjoyed trying a few quilt arrangements for these blocks.
Some didn't work well but I like these designs.


It is an unusual optical illusion with this quilt.


Adding another colour and rotating the outer rows of blocks makes this:


Which version do you like best?

Share your blocks. I'd love to see your fabric choices.






No comments: