Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Time to Quilt - Block 1


Time to Quilt is a great project by
Northcott / Banyan Batiks / FIGO

Have you started making blocks yet? Want to get started?

Just go the Banyan Batiks Facebook Page each day from
today (April 8) through May 1st to get the patterns.

Each block pattern contains a picture of the block, and instructions for making the block
with two option
s. Each pattern make two blocks using contrasting fabrics. 

I am using my Banyan Batiks Tapa Cloth collection
along with essentials coordinates to make my blocks.

Here are my first blocks.


I thought it would be fun to see what a quilt would look like with these blocks. 

I used Electric Quilt to make a 'vertical row' quilt. I rotated every 2nd block in each row and inserted a 2-colour sashing between the rows.

I love the 'positive/negative' result!


Come back tomorrow to see Block 2!

No comments: