Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The 'To Do' list

At this time of year I start thinking about the classes my students will want to take starting in September. I know it's a few months away but I have to start the planning and scheduling now, especially if I hope to offer some new workshops. I will need time to


  • plan and design
  • decide if my idea has appropriate learning outcomes for students
  • make the project - at least once and probably more!
  • decide how long the class should be, allowing plenty of time for individual attention for each student
  • write handouts, promotional information and supply lists - and check, check, check each one for accuracy.
As you can see I WILL need several months to get all of this work completed.

Here is a picture of Anne, one of my students in last session's Improv Curves workshop, and the quilt she designed and made

When Anne left the class she wasn't too sure what her curve-pieced fabric would become. I remember that she wasn't sure she even liked the fabrics she had used! I, on the other hand, thought they were amazing - great textures and a variety of scales and values.

 A few more curve cuts, some sewing and then Anne made amazing circles that she sewed into the dark background - NOT appliqued - cut circles sewn into the 'right sized' holes!

And the quilting with decorative stitches adds the prefect addition to the quilt. Isn't it FABULOUS!  

I am considering offering this workshop again this fall at my local quilt shop. And it is also in my repertoire of 'away teaching' too.  Let me know if you are interested!

No comments: