Friday, February 1, 2019

#52blocks52weeks

Have you seen the 'daily', 'weekly' and 'monthly' quilt block projects popping up all over Social Media? I have too and I've thought about joining in but none of the ones I've seen are just right for me. Some were too long (daily), too far apart (monthly - I might forget) but I have found one that is just right! You know the story of Goldilocks, right. The porridge was too hot or too cold or just right. 

The 52 Blocks in 52 Weeks Block Party presented by the Canadian Quilters' Association is just right for my schedule and it comes at the perfect time too. I can make the weekly blocks using my upcoming Banyan Batiks fabric collection called Tapa Cloth and share a sneak peek. The fabric will be arriving in quilt shops right after the 52 weeks!

There is a Facebook group for those participating called 52 Blocks 52 Weeks if you want to join that and share your blocks and see what others are creating. Use the hashtag #52blocks52weeks in all your Social Media and it will be easy to find other quilters making the blocks - and they are all over the world! It's like one big Quilt-a-Thon and a lot of fun seeing what fabrics everyone is using.

Here are my first 3 blocks:


Block #1

Block #2

Block #3
Sound like this would be a fun project for you too? It is not too late to start. You don't need to register or anything. Just go to the main page and get the weekly block pattern. 

If you join the Facebook Group you will get a reminder to keep you on track. 

Just search Facebook for 52 Blocks 52 Weeks and click Join.

You up for it?

No comments: