Saturday, October 7, 2017

Teaching and Lectures

I travelled to several guilds in September. Here is a quick review of my trips.

First was the Boundary Bay Guild where I presented a lecture and taught Improvisational Curves.




My hostess for the overnight trip lives in a 'float home'. I'd never stayed in one and it was amazing!  The home was large and I felt like I was in a land home - but the view of the river was stunning.





Next was a trip to the Abbotsford Guild where I taught 2 workshops: Fine Finishes and Give & Take Applique New York Beauty.

Myy hosts in Abbotsford have an amazing garden with many roses and perennials. They won the Best Home Garden in their community a few years ago and I can see why.


The last trip for September was a Luncheon Lecture for Hands Across the Water (a gathering of Guilds in the Campbell River area) and then a Sunflower Runner Give & Take Applique workshop for the Campbell River Guild.

Here are the guild members just starting to arrive for the day. Several shops had booths in another room so there was a shopping opportunity too!


And check out this amazing raffle prize!  Tickets were $5 each and one lucky attendee went home with this machine - including the embroidery unit!  Wasn't me....darn.


It was a busy month - so I'm taking a vacation. You might hear from me from Maui!  Cheers!




No comments: