Monday, February 13, 2017

Snow Days = Sew Days

This was the view in my back yard last week! Okay Mother Nature....we've had enough now! Where I live on Vancouver Island we normally have very MILD winters. The grass stays green and we only have a few days of cold weather. 

But this year has been DIFFERENT and I mean WHITE different!  We had another snow storm earlier this week and there is no green grass to be seen.


I have been feeling a bit 'house bound' this week so took the opportunity to quilt some small quilts so I can share with the Parksville Quilt House Guild next week as part of my Northcott Fabrics Lecture.


Here are the 3 quilts I quilted last week during my Snow Days.

This is Galaxy, designed by Sue Beevers. Sue used Northcott's ColorWorks Concepts fabrics for this small quilt. This will be a fun donation to my Guild's Baby Quilt program.
The next quilt is Route 66. This uses the UrbanElementz collection by Patricia E. Ritter.  This quilt uses pre-fused applique shapes designed by Patricia and she has lots of other appliques available too.  I think this will be perfect for my daughter's small trailer when they go camping in the summer.




For this quilt I used some new Longarm Templates that I got at Quilt Market last fall.  These are Oval CTemplates by HandiQuilter.

And this is where I used the centre oval for custom quilting:

 




The third quilt has been quilted and I just have to add the binding.


This is Shattered Crystals by Pine Tree Country Quilts.  It showcases an amazing Digital Panel fabric called Expressions.  I used SuperiorThreads MicroQuilter thread and a pantograph for this one.  This thread is ON SALE and it is great for texture without 'in your face' thread colour.

I have the same quilt with black accent and hope to work on that one next week.

This fabric will be delivering to quilt shops in April. There are some wonderful projects you can make with this collection!

I had a fun week making use of my time while the snow fell outside. The rains have come and I'll see that green grass soon!

No comments: