Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Quilt of Valour

I spent a couple of days during the holidays finishing my donation to Quilts of Valour Canada. The top was completed several months ago and the backing was already prepared. I just had to cut the batting and get quilting.




I machine quilted on my HQ18 Avanté and used several new rulers I got at Quilt Market in the fall. It was fun to try some different options for this quilt.

I just have to sew on the label and then my quilt will be given to the local Quilts of Valour representative for distribution. 

Quilts of Valour Canada also suggests that it would be nice to include a pillowcase with the quilt so I made one using the free pattern on Northcott's website. I used 2 fabrics for my pillowcase (elminating the accent strip).

Find Northcott's 20-minute pillowcase instructions here.

Fabrics for my quilt are from Northcott's Stonehenge Oh Canada collection.

No comments: