Monday, November 3, 2014

International Quilt Market - Houston

Here are a few pictures of the Northcott booth at International Quilt Market. I design patterns with their upcoming fabrics and I am the sales rep for Vancouver Island. I go to Market to help in the booth and to see everything that is NEW in the world of quilting. These fabrics will be coming to a store near you soon!

Northcott's ColorWorks solids have been revamped with all new colours. I LOVE working with solid fabrics because you can add so much texture with the quilting design.




 My Chips & Churns  quilt is top right in the photo above. 
Here is a closeup of my quilting. See how the texture shines with solid fabrics!


Sandscapes is the latest addition to the Artisan Spirit series. This collection includes a wide range of exquisite marbleized textures in vibrant hues with metallic accents. There are twelve palettes ranging in a progression of value which makes them perfect for quiltmakers.

A portion of the sales from Sandscapes will be donated to Prokritee, a certified fair trade company based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, employing the artisan women who inspired this collection.



Amazing neutrals - quilts by (clockwise from the top left):
Jean Boyd, Elisa Wilson, Sue Harvey/Sandy Boobar and Patti Carey


Traditional, Modern, Applique, Landscapes
Sandscapes work well in all of these! 
Eclipse (top right) is another new design from my design company, Patchworks Studio. 



Sunglow/Coral colours.
Quilts by Karen Bialik, Diane McGregor, Wanda Milankov and me
(bottom, horizontal, Star Gazer bedrunner).

And a closeup of the bedrunner quilting - an amazing job done by Northcott's longarm quilter. THANKS Northcott!



Patterns will be available for my 3 quilts in the next month. 
Watch my Newsletter for the release date.

No comments: