Monday, July 14, 2014

Cherry Tree Quilts - Summerland, BC

I am sure you are like me when you are on vacation - you want to fit in a visit to a quilt shop (or more than one!).  I visited with Barb at Cherry Tree Quilts in Summerland last week. We were driving up the Okanagan Valley to visit a few wineries and Summerland was right on the way - how fortunate for me!

I snapped a few pictures of the shop - it is bright and inviting and has an amazing selection of fabrics, patterns and books. They are also dealers for Handi Quilter Longarm Quilting machines and elna Sewing Machines.  They offer classes too - this is definitely a FULL SERVICE quilt shop!


In the picture below you can see fabrics that relate to the area - award winning wineries and orchards filled with fruit. And there's that great book 'Scraps Plus One!' by my friend Joan Ford, from Hummingbird Highway, prominently displayed too. Joan sure gets around - she's from New York State!


And I couldn't resist a picture of these Northcott projects - the top one is Michele Scott's Flamingo Fling panel.

The bottom quilt is Happy Sailing by Susan Jensen of Quilted Escapes.


If you visit the Okanagan Valley, be sure to see Barb at Cherry Tree Quilts in Summerland - they are right on Main Street.

No comments: