Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Workshop Photos - Kamloops and Yorkton

It is so nice to receive photos from students who have been in my workshops.  This week I received two.

Joy was in my Ripless Paper Piecing - Spring Tulips workshop in Kamloops in January. Joy told me about her piece:

"I have made it into a quilter's tool tray to hang on the wall beside my sewing machine.  I did very basic stitch-in-the ditch around the blocks of tulips and used bronze metallic thread to outline the tulip flowers and to accent the inner tulip bud.  Stippling around the outside."

and Joy added:
"Thanks to your workshop, I made some star points to insert into a border for another quilt that I am working on.  I love this method and will find it very useful as I continue to explore and develop my quilting skills."

I am thrilled that Joy can use the techniques for my 'ripless' system in other projects.


I also received a note and photograph from Dorothy. I met her in Yorkton, Saskatchewan, last year. We had a great time playing with paint.  Here's the info I received from Dorothy:

"I took the painting on fabric workshop with you. I was very happy with  one of the fabrics and wanted to feature it in a wall hanging."

Dorothy's wall hanging showcases the fabric beautifully.

If you have a photo from a workshop I'd love to see it and share it here. Drop me a note!

No comments: