Thursday, February 13, 2014

Machine Quilting with Decorative Stitches

Did you buy that sewing machine with hundreds of stitches? Do you use them? 

I definitely do - and for machine quilting.  This is a workshop I have been teaching for several years and last weekend I made a new sample for the class.  



I had pre-fused fabrics left from my Quilting Cruise to the Caribbean in 2012 to use for the leaves. I knew that fabric would come in handy!

It was fun to re-visit the fabrics we used on the cruise and select the ones for my sample. Then I re-visited my thread stash and selected ones that would contrast with my fabrics, tested threads and a variety of stitches before doing the final stitching on my small quilt.

I am teaching this workshop several times in the next few months. Perhaps I will see you in class.

April 11: Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop, Victoria, BC

April 28, Sunshine Coast Quilters Guild, Sechelt, BC


No comments: