Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Aztec Sun = Fun.....New Kits Available


I have just added TWO NEW KITS to the Patchworks Studio store. 

Aztec Sun is a great example of how Give & Take Appliqué makes complicated designs SO much easier!  Yes, you can do these New York Beauty-style blocks with my method!

This is the 'no waste' fusing technique where 1 fused design equals shapes for 2 background blocks.  My pattern has instructions for 2 sizes and my kits include the pattern and all the Stonehenge fabrics as shown in the pictures - enough for the quilt top and the binding..
.
Large Quilt - 60" square
 
 
Wall Quilt - 28" square.


Yes, this is fused applique.  I filmed a very short video for the American Quilter's Society with a tip for testing your stitching when doing machine appliqué.  

Click to watch the video.

Now you see how the blocks come together and how I test my stitching, I'm sure you want to try it too!  


No comments: