Thursday, December 13, 2012

12-12-12

I worked with my Art Group yesterday to create 12" art quilts to celebrate 12-12-12.

Here's what I did:


I chose 12 strips of fabric:

12 strips - bike theme


What I made:


 
Twelve Liberated Strips Go for a Bike Ride
 
Inspired by Liberated Quilts II by Gwen Marston. After I did my 'liberated' piecing, I had fun using some of the decorative stitches on the sewing machine I used at Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop.
 
Terri started her piece and then shifted to work on another project - ornaments (didn't get a picture of those, darn).
 
 
Kati finished a piece started when we worked with inks. She plans to add more embroidery to this piece.  Twelve borders around the center.
 
 
Julie celebrates '12' in several ways with her collage.
 



Sarah pieced small squares - 12 x 12. She planned her colour arrangement very carefully and used free-motion stitching in selected areas to enhance the deesign.
 
How did YOU celebrate 12-12-12?

No comments: