Sunday, April 13, 2008

Latest Quilts

I've just finished making a couple of 'duplicate' quilts from patterns included in my book Fat Quarter Frenzy 2. The first is a black, white and red version of the cover quilt, Tropical Punch. As I was making the original quilt for the book I knew I wanted to see this design in black and white. I found some great red prints in my stash to mix in and the border fabric was also in my stash. It works perfectly with the quilt.

The next one is Strip Doodles, also from Fat Quarter Frenzy 2. The original quilt is bright and vibrant. I wanted a more muted colour scheme and the Bella fabric line from Northcott was a perfect choice. I'm finding I like working with strips A LOT!

I also have a third Strip Doodles version. This one is by my friend Jill G in Belgium. She tested the pattern for me and found some lovely 30's reproduction fabrics to use for her quilt. She hand quilted it and it's a beautiful quilt!

No comments: