Monday, May 11, 2020

Time to Quilt - a detour

I am working on the backing for my quilt and still thinking about quilting ideas. I'll be making a pieced back and have several options to consider. Sometimes I need time to let the options percolate before I make a final decision for both the backing and quilting.

In the meantime I'm sharing another finish today. I won't tell you how many UFOs I have - most just needed to be quilted!


I call this quilt Ainsley Stars. That was the fabric collection I used for this quilt. It was a Mystery Quilt I created many years ago and this is a remake to test the design again for one of my patterns.

There is an unusual way to make the corner squares for the star blocks. It is one of those 'make it big' and cut it apart techniques. I must have been 'ahead of my time' with that method because the original Mystery Quilt was designed and taught in 2002.

I published this pattern using a Christmas Collection and it is available as a Digital Download pattern in the Patchworks Studio store.


And here is the quilting design I used for my quilt.


I will continue working on my Time to Quilt backing - and I have another quilt on the longarm this week that I hope to finish too.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: