Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Quilters Meet & Greet

Welcome Everyone!

I am Daphne Greig, owner of Patchworks Studio, a quilter, pattern and fabric designer, author and educator.  I wear a lot of 'hats'!

A bit more about me..........

I made my first quilt when I was expecting my first child - my son, Scott. That was almost 40 years ago. It wasn't my first adventure with sewing though. My mom taught me to sew when I was 7 years old - it started with clothes for Barbie. I continued sewing all through school, made most of my own clothes and loved every part of playing with cloth! No wonder I took to quilting so well - though I did wonder if those 1/4" seams would just fall apart since I was used to the 5/8" seams used in clothing. Of course, we know they don't!

Patchworks Studio is my pattern design business.  I've designed and published hundreds of patterns since 1996, wrote 5 quilting books and I've taught thousands of quilters all over North America, including on 7 quilting cruises. Now that's the way to travel!

 My travels have slowed down a bit but I still teach at local quilt shops and at a selected events. Now that I am a grandmother to 3 special little girls I want to spend time with them.

I'd like to share a few of my favourite quilts with you. First is Old Growth, a quilt I designed using Northcott's Naturescapes fabrics. 


I live on Canada's West Coast and trees have figured prominently in several of my quilts. I love the quiet of the forest and the majesty of the tall trees. Here are 2 more 'tree' quilts I have made over the years.

Emily's Forest, 1998

Looking West, 2011

























My latest accomplishment is designing a collection of fabrics for Banyan Batiks. I have dyed and created stamps based on my own photography over the years. My unique cloth was fun to use in my work and I wanted to share my inspirations with quilters and designers. This creative work inspired my collection called Tapa Cloth.


The fabrics will be in quilt shops in December. Quilt shops can order NOW so mention them to your local shop owner. Be sure to follow me - and sign up for my newsletter.

There will be Tapa Cloth giveaways in December!

You can sign up for the Newsletter right here:

Enter your email address in the box below
to subscribe to my FREE Email Newsletter
Email:
Receive a free pattern download
for subscribing!


For Email Marketing you can trust



I hope you'll have a lot of fun this month as you travel around to 'meet' other quilters.

Don't forget to enter for the GRAND PRIZE!



And continue Meeting & Greeting by clicking here:



You can enter for the GRAND PRIZE at each stop along the way!
Good Luck Everyone!

No comments: