Monday, May 27, 2019

Every Quilt has a Story

Over the next few months I will be sharing the stories behind the quilts I have designed and made using my upcoming fabric collection, Tapa Cloth. This is a Banyan Batiks collection and I'm thrilled to add this 'hat' to my wonderful career.

Fabric will be shipping to stores in December - lots of time for you to plan what YOU would like to make with my collection.

This quilt is Moonlit Garden.

Display at International Quilt Market, Kansas City.

The story.......I live near Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island and it is a favourite place for me and my family to visit. If you know me, you know I love plants and flowers! 

My favourite time of year to visit is during the summer when there is an abundance of flowers. When we stay for the evening concert, dusk begins and as we leave the garden, we walk along paths with strategically placed lighting to lead the way.  

Some of my favourite areas in the garden are the formal arrangements. Those memories influenced this quilt design, particularly the yellow 'pathways' in the centre of the quilt and framing the design.

If you look closely at the picture above you will see lovely feather quilting - it is just what I imagined for this quilt and was beautifully stitched by Mavis Reynolds of Dayspring Quilt Company.

My pattern has 2 sizes - 76" square and 97" square and is designed for intermediate quilters. Here is a picture of my original design.


Want to know when this pattern is available? 
Drop me an email (info (at) daphnegreig.com) and put 'Moonlit Garden' in the subject line.
I will put you on my 'Notification List'.

Or sign up for my Newsletter (link to the right) and I'll announce availability there too.



No comments: