Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Last Class Sample for Fall 2018

It is smoky outside here on Vancouver Island - my thoughts and prayers are with all the fire fighters and residents who are impacted by another awful fire season here in British Columbia. The smoke we we are experiencing here pales in comparison to what many people are facing.

I have been staying inside and working in my studio. I've completed the last class sample for my Free Motion Studio workshop at Calico Cupboard.

Here is my Reversible Table Runner. I love how it turned out. One side is neutral fabrics and the other side has Christmas prints.



In this session of the multi-part class you will quilt several different free motion all-over designs in small squares using 2 different fabrics for top and backing.





Then I will show you how to join those squares together to make a table runner. You can make a longer runner or even an entire quilt this way.

Did you see in the first photograph that the binding is 2 different colours too?  I'll show you how to add a 2-colour binding to the runner in the class too!

Hope to see you there.

The link to my Workshop Brochure at Calico Cupboard is here.

No comments: