Saturday, November 18, 2017

Too Easy Stained Glass - it REALLY is!

I have the perfect solution for those wonderful fabrics that you hate to cut up. You know the ones I mean....landscapes, large scale modern prints, children's theme prints. Use my Too Easy Stained Glass method and you don't need to cut that great focus fabric at all!


Too Easy Stained Glass, www.patchworkstudio.com
Too Easy Stained Glass projects from my book Simple Stained Glass Quilts

I had a few goals in mind when developing this method:
  • I wanted to sew around the stained glass part only once instead of making the quilt top and then having to stitch around the shapes again to do the quilting.
  • I wanted to prepare the entire stained glass leading and then put it ON TOP of my focus fabric so I didn't have to cut it up and fit it into the 'spaces'.
  • I needed to find a product that would give me the best results.
My method uses fusible web - and it is just like magic....students who have taken this class say 'It's Too Easy' and that is where the name came from.

Do you have these types of fabrics in your stash? Don't know what to do with them?  Join me for my 'on demand' workshop TOO EASY STAINED GLASS at the Academy of Quilting and turn those fabrics into quilts.



Too Easy Stained Glass, www.patchworkstudio.com
Class Project, Academy of Quilting

In Lesson One you will learn the basic steps, including how to select fabrics for your first project, how to use fusible web to create the stained glass leading and how to fuse it to your fabric to make the quilt top.

In Lesson Two you will learn how I layer my quilt top with backing and batting and how to stitch the leading with a zigzag stitch. Yes.....you'll be quilting at the same time!  I will show you how to stitch corners and curves so you have perfect stitching. I'll also show you how I bind my quilts.

In Lesson Three you will learn how to adjust or redesign the leading to fit a larger piece of focus fabric. I'll also share how I have used printed photographs in my stained glass quilts. We will also look at how you can create your own focus fabric and how to adapt this method to make a lap or bed-size quilt.


Too Easy Stained Glass, www.patchworkstudio.comToo Easy Stained Glass, www.patchworkstudio.com


You can enroll for this class any time - it is an 'on demand' class.  
ENROLL TODAY and join me for Too Easy Stained Glass.   

See you in the Classroom!

No comments: