Monday, July 24, 2017

Teaching Workshops - Calico Cupboard

Calico Cupboard (quilt shop in Victoria) has moved to a new location and has a great teaching space. I was invited by Diane to teach a few workshops in June and July.  

There are now 23 local quilters who have CONFIDENCE with Free Motion Quilting. This workshop was on the schedule once and more and more quilters kept asking me to schedule more sessions. I taught the class 3 times!  

It is on the schedule for the Fall too. The full fall class schedule will be available in a few weeks. 

The other workshop requested was Shattered Crystals, a pattern designed by Pine Tree Country Quilts. Seven enthusiastic quilters joined me for this workshop. We were making the smaller quilt size but several students wanted to make it larger.  Here is the picture that Sue D. sent me.



Sue did a great job adding borders to the quilt. I think the bright border around the center really enhances the patchwork. Sue also 'echoed' the center by including narrow borders between the wide borders. An excellent design choice Sue.

I had a wonderful time being back in the classroom. Thank you to all my wonderful students and I'll see you in September!

No comments: