Monday, June 8, 2015

Sleep Sack for Brooklyn

I spent a couple of hours in my studio last week making a Sleep Sack for my granddaughter, Brooklyn.

I started with a tutorial at Sew Mama Sew by Bonnie Ferguson from FishsticksDesigns

Bonnie used knit fabrics but I wanted to use quilting cottons for my project so I adapted the instructions to make my sleep sack with three layers like a quilt (outside, batting, lining). 

I spent a bit of 'thinking' time and 'step-by-step writing' time to figure out how I would approach the project. It has been a while since I put in a zipper and I definitely wanted to be able to sew everything by machine.

I used my draft step by step instructions to make the sleep sack and I am very pleased with the result. 


For the next one I will use a longer zipper - of course Brooklyn needs more than one!




Melissa and Brooklyn - June 3, 2015

No comments: