Thursday, May 14, 2015

More from Yellowknife - The Workshops

I presented a Trunk Show to guild members on Thursday evening, spent Friday touring the city (Museum, Visitor's Centre, Quilt Shop) during the day and students joined me on Friday evening for Too Easy Stained Glass.  I love teaching this workshop because everyone can make a small project with fabrics they love.  Here are a few photos from the workshop.




Love the way Liz added decorative machine stitching to her piece.
Cristine used a tropical print.

Mary and Kate - more great fabrics!
Saturday and Sunday were full day classes. First up was my latest Ripless Paper Piecing project,
Flight Path.  Students learned the technique and began work on their quilts. I loved seeing all the blocks displayed on the wall.





Mary solved a 'value' concern by making blocks with a darker background!
Esther's blocks joined together.




On Sunday students learned all about Give & Take Applique as they made a New York Beauty table runner. No paper piecing, no curve piecing for this project.  Great fabric selections by everyone in the class!

A selection of blocks - all amazing!


Monday was a 'free' day with a Machine Quilting in the evening. My wonderful host, Linda, and I toured Old Town.....

Pilot's Monument
Love these house numbers


and then I was treated to taking a class myself!  Linda took me to Old Town Glassworks so I could make etched glasses with northern images.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  And I have 2 wonderful keepsakes from my trip.







My etched glasses - Inukshuk and Ravens

A Great Big THANK YOU to everyone I met in Yellowknife. You made my visit so special and I'll remember it always.

1 comment:

MzL said...

It was great fun!