Friday, October 3, 2014

And the WINNER is......

Thank you to everyone who entered their quilts for the Patchworks Studio 1st Annual Flowers on Friday Challenge.  I was thrilled with the quality of the entries and the judge had a hard time selecting the winner!

Susan M. used my Rhododendron photograph as inspiration for her piece. When I told her about her big win she was surprised and thrilled to have her work recognized.Congrats Susan!


Rhododendrons - Susan M.

Rhotodendrons - closeup
This is my original photograph that inspired Susan.
Here is what my guest judge, Morna McEver Golletz, said about the contest entries:


All the entries really expressed the beauty of the photographs, and it was hard to choose the winner. Ultimately, I loved the dimension in the Rhododendron quilt and the abstract look of it. Congrats to all the entrants!

Morna is CEO and founder of the International Association of Creative Arts Professionals. I have been working with Morna for many years and her assistance and insight is always right 'on track'.

Susan will be receiving a wonderful basket of goodies from me (Patchworks Studio) PLUS a one-year subscription to Quilter's Connection magazine and a copy of Kristi's Quilt, by Brandy Lynn Maslowski.

*****************************************************************************************
It's not too late.........................

I had a few people email me to say they just couldn't finish their entry.  I know that happened to others so I'm offering a 'second chance' to enter.  No prizes for late entries but I will feature your project in my online newsletter, here on my Blog and on the Patchworks Studio Facebook page. Here is a link to the original Challenge Announcement

I would LOVE to see what you create using Flowers on Friday as your inspiration.


No comments: