Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Alaska Quilt Cruise - Part 2

The second stop on our Alaska Quilting Cruise was Skagway. Several of the quilters enjoyed excursions, including the White Pass Railway.  My husband and I enjoyed the train trip the first time we were in Skagway so wandered around the town instead. We found these amazing dahlias as we walked to the library to get a WIFI signal to check our email.

The next day was 'Glacier Bay Day' - what so many people come on a cruise to Alaska to see. The weather was slightly overcast, perfect for pictures.  We spent most of the day out on the deck. Some of the students were in the classroom at one point so we gathered on the deck with my Memories of a Glacier quilt for a photo op.



That evening we had our group Cocktail Party - and birthday celebration for the gals who had birthdays during our cruise. Isn't this a lovely cake they made for us!


Our final port in Alaska was Ketchikan. I raced to The Silver Thimble Quilt shop with my friend Peggy and then Alan and I were off for a CRAB-STRAVAGANZA!  I thought we would just get a small taste of crab...but it was amazing. First we went out on the boat to pull up a crab pot and learn about them. Then back to the Lodge for our meal. They just kept bringing crab as fast as we could eat it.  We didn't need dinner on the ship that night!
One more report to do - our final class and the trip home to Vancouver. I'll post that next week.

No comments: