Friday, April 12, 2013

Preparing for Quilt Market, Portland

I've been having a great time sewing new quilts to take to International Quilt Market in Portland. This is a wholesale trade show for the quilting industry. I have attended nearly every year since 1998 (I've only missed 3 spring markets and 2 fall markets). 

I thought you might like to see a couple of  'works in progress'.

First is Cobblestones & Stars (PS316) - just have to finish sewing the binding for this one. I used Northcott's Stonestrips (Everest colourway) for this fun quilt. I best thing about this design is how the star points 'float' over the background strips. Easy to sew and you'll NEVER have a chopped off star point!  Order this pattern here.  If you are interested in a kit, leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do.



Next is a new version of my Aztec Sun pattern (PS224 - available here). Northcott asked me to do new versions using Stonehenge fabrics - of course I couldn't resist those wonderful fabrics.  I made a small version using red, white and blue first.


Then I made the large quilt and just need to get this one bound too.  I think there will be some TV time this weekend - perhaps I'll watch The Masters golf tournament.
 
 
I normally quilt my own quilts but time is getting tight to get these quilts done in time for Market and I have a couple of teaching trips in the next month.....so I aksed my friend, Jennifer Watson, to quilt this quilt for me.  She did a SUPERB job.  Her creativity in deciding what to quilt and where is just MASTERFUL!!  Here's a closeup of an area of the quilt.

Jennifer's longarm business is Quilt As Desired.  I highly recommend Jennifer!



2 comments:

Dianne said...

As well as all the points, how easy are those curves?

Daphne Greig said...

This is fusible applique Dianne. So, as long as you can cut with scissors, you can do it!

I also have a DVD and book available. Check out the Patchworks Studio wesite: www.patchworkstudio.com