Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Fall Workshops

There are 2 shops in Victoria where I teach.  I told you about Calico Cupboard a few days ago. I am also very lucky to teach at Satin Moon Quilted Garden, one of the best-known shops in Canada. This fall's schedule includes these workshops:


Lemon Breeze is a Give & Take Appliqué™ design. You will discover the ‘no waste’ way to use fusible web. as you learn my positive/negative technique where one shape equals two fused designs. You will see how I stitch perfect curves and points when doing machine appliqué.







Strippy Stars is a design I developed to use 'strip packs' - Jelly Rolls, Tonga Treats, Stone Strips. Look closely and you'll see that the star points are unusual. I'll show you the magic of the method in this class! 
I also teach my 'First Steps' Basic Patchwork workshop at the store. If you are a beginner, know someone who would like to learn to quilt, or just want a refresher and a place to sew a fun quilt I hope you'll consider joining me to make this baby quilt.  You'll learn everything, from rotary cutting to binding and all the steps in between.

No comments: