Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scottsboro, Alabama

For my last 3 days in Alabama I taught 3 workshops for the Piece by Peace Quilters and Star Stitchers.

On Sunday afternoon students learned about Give & Take Applique as they began work on the Sunflower Table Runner. We had a wonderfully large space to work in at one of the church halls.  Students enjoyed learning the technique and trying a variety of decorative machine stitches for their applique.



Monday was a full-day workshop - Too Easy Stained Glass.  I am always amazed at the variety of focus fabrics used by the students. Often there are few duplicates and even when a couple of students use the same fabric, they often choose a different part of the 'scene' and the quilts look very different. 













Tuesday was my last teaching day and we gathered at Scottsboro Sew & Vac for a second half-day Sunflower Table Runner class for students who were not able to attend Sunday's workhop.  A great store with lots of fabrics to tempt us and excellent results from my students.






Thanks again to Jo Reid for bringing me to Alabama!

No comments: