Thursday, July 26, 2012

More from Alabama

The next event I attended in Alabama was the TVQA 2012 Assembly Day in Scottsboro. That's the Tennessee Valley Quilters Association. I was the Guest Speaker for the day.  Quilters came from all over the area - including a large group from Nashville, the Music City Quilt Guild.


Everyone was greeted by these volunteers at the Welcome tables. 


Aren't those quilt tops AMAZING!  I had to take some close-up photos.





Part of the event was a merchant mall - lots of fabrics and supplies to buy!



We gathered in the large gymnasium for my lecture. Everyone was interested in my 'story' and they asked lots of questions which always makes these events more personal and interesting.






After a great lunch catered by The Docks there was more time for shopping and then we gathered again for the DOOR PRIZES!  Amazing baskets of goodies - at least 30 prizes.



And here is one of the happy winners.

Thanks for inviting me to Scottsboro. I had a great time at your event.

More to come from Scottsboro - 3 days of teaching!

No comments: