Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 Workshop Preview

My calendar for 2012 is already filling up. This is an area of my life that must be planned ahead and this suits me well. I am a planner so I like to know what I will be doing, where and when. I must be well-prepared for workshops and other engagements.
I am sure many of you have new calendars for 2012. I like the Monthly type - I need to see the entire month at a time.

I have used the same type of calendar for several years and it has a very plain black cover so I made a cover and I replace the year's calendar with a new one every December.


The main entries so far are the workshops I am scheduled to teach at Calico Cupboard quilt shop here in the Victoria area, my online QuiltUniversity sessions and a couple of out-of-town trips to other shops and guilds. The updated schedule is on my website. 

I am offering several new classes in the area for the Winter/Spring session:

Quilting with Fat & Fuzzy Threads: I demonstrated these techniques in Houston in the Fall and have developed a short hands-on workshop to learn how to use fun fibres in your work.

Give & Take Applique - Design Discoveries: I have presented this workshop for several guilds and it's time local quilters had a chance for fun and creativity! I will be at Serge & Sew in Nanaimo in February and will also present this workshop at Calico Cupboard. (PS - don't let that word 'design' scare you. Everyone who has joined me in this workshop has created some exceptional designs.)

Ink Me a Flower: This a fun way to create visions of summer gardens. I will provide patterns for stitching and the ink. You'll bring your free-motion stitching skills and imagination. I can't wait to see the flower garden we create in class.

Last but not least is Splashed II - yes, I've designed another pattern using Northcott's wonderful Stonehenge fabrics. This class isn't until March and the new pattern will be available in February.

Hope to see you in the classroom after the holidays!

No comments: