Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pictou Lodge - Nova Scotia

My 'home' for the next 3 days in Nova Scotia was the Mayflower Retreat held at Pictou Lodge  Resort overlooking the sandy beaches of the Northumberland Shore. This is the main lodge building, built in 1926. The dining room features the original log building with a ceiling that just soars above you. Beside the dining room are the oceanview lounge, an outside deck and a rotunda dining area with 360-degree views. What a spectacular setting for my Give & Take Applique design workshop.


This is my cottage, complete with two Adirondack chairs for lounging and watching the sea.


In fact these colourful chairs were all over the property - and I tried them all at various times of the day.





 I even woke up very early one morning to a spectacular sunrise!



Gulls and cormorants were in abundance - often resting on one of the breakwaters right in front of the lodge.




Next time I'll show you the wonderful designs my students created!

No comments: